The Hawaii Venture Capital Association celebrated its 28th anniversary in 2016 with our search for Hawaii’s most innovative entrepreneurs. You chose who should be named among the next generation of legacy builders.
Thank you to everyone who attended this unique event, which honors the community’s inspiring, successful entrepreneurs in the Hawaii community!
16th Annual HVCA Entrepreneur and Deal of the Year Awards Gala Recipients:
- Deal of the Year - Tad Glauthier, STEM
- Investor of the Year - Richard Wacker, American Savings Bank
- Entrepreneur of the Year - Garrett W. Marrero, Maui Brewing Co.
- Life Science Entrepreneur of the Year - Elliot Parks, Hawaii Biotech, Inc.
- Student Entrepreneur of the Year - Traven Watase, Scholar's App
- Clean Tech / Ag Entrepreneur of the Year - Vincent Kimura - Smart Yields
- Tech Entrepreneur of the Year - Daniel Nash & Sean Hookano-Niel, Comprendio
- Social Impact Entrepreneur of the Year - Samantha Kimsey, Computational Thinkers
- Startup Paradise Champion of the Year - Senator Glenn Wakai, District 15
- People's Choice Startup - Mark Quezada, Tiffany Quezada, and Tina Fitch, HobNob
HVCA Awards Gala Sponsors '16
American Savings Bank
High Technology Development Corporation (HTDC)
Entrepreneurs Foundation of Hawaii
Startup Capital Ventures
Alston Hunt Floyd & Ing Lawyers
The Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship at the Shidler College of Business
Kona Brewing Company
The Orchid Lei Company
Ocean Organic Vodka
Gr3en Superfood Brew